We're Open Source Data Experts
Democratize your data with our open source tools and data engineering, data science, and strategy expertise.
Jarvus’ team of data science, data engineering, and strategy experts have decades of combined experience leveraging the best open source data tools on behalf of government and civic organizations.
Jarvus can help you develop and sustain your own data infrastructure, and make the data pipeline, storage, analysis, and reporting tools accessible to your entire organization.
We’ve developed an opinionated set of tools, workflows, services, and supports that empower organizations to get the most out of their data, existing teams, and infrastructure.
We Build Capacity not Dependency
Because our tools are open source and well-adopted, we can hand part or all of the infrastructure over to our clients. We focus on documentation and training during our delivery, enabling our clients to adopt and manage our solutions. We also provide dedicated support, retainers, and other flexible delivery solutions that can be tailored to your needs.
Democratized Tools and Data Exploration
Say goodbye to siloed datasets, emails to track down zip files of data or analysis, and rationing limited access to data tools and insights. Our data warehouse and analysis tools deliver enhanced data discoverability and documentation, managed user access built around your organizational structure and needs, and a lower barrier of entry for new users — all while providing robust support for advanced analysts. Our tools have unlimited number of seats across the system, so you can easily grant access to internal users and external partners.
Assessment, Design, and Insight
As a full-service data consultancy, we begin every engagement with a multi-faceted discovery process. We use human-centered design principles to define and improve the end-to-end user journey, with a focus on leveraging the best in class data tools and expertise.
We conduct interviews, gather existing data points, and employ discovery tools and practices to right-size the solution to your needs.
Modern Open Source Data Stack
We have developed a data tooling stack that connects the best open source tools and deploys them in a cloud agnostic fashion. While the tools we employ for each client are client specfic, our solutions have following characteristics:
Empowering for Data Analysts and Users
- Jupyter notebooks and data science tools
- Metabase dashboards for reports and analysis
- Easier data discoverabiltiy and documentation
- Easier credentialing across organizations and with external stakeholders
- No cost controls around number of users
- Each layer can be complemented with additional services or simplified as needed
- Each layer can be handed off to the client to manage and own or be supported
- Tools can be integrated with current systems and adopted without disruption
- Infrastructure is cloud agnostic (Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services, Azure)
- Eliminates obscure, and often cost prohibitive relationships with technology vendors
- Access for analytical users can be centralized, reducing the need for subscriptions per user
- Efficient use of cloud provider to reduce costs
- Ingest millions of files or data points per day
- Fully versioned and automated infrastructure
Best in Class
- Open source development and product investments dwarf proprietary solutions
- Not tied to outcome of single vendor
- Continuous community updates and improvement
Analytics and Data Science
Extract Load Transform Stack
- Cloud-managed Airflow (i.e. Cloud Composer)
- dbt as a SQL data pipeline
- Cloud-managed warehouse (i.e. BigQuery)
- Data Program Strategy and Service Delivery
- Data Pipelines
- Data Storytelling and Visualization
- Data and Metadata Cataloging
- Service Design
- Data Science and Analysis
- Internal Data Discovery Tools
- Data Application Development
- Open Data Catalogs
- Data analyst and analytics engineer training and mentorship